This posting is solely in response to my friend Amy's posting on 3/29 for the March Madness - see her blog under my links.
I, too, got in on a tournament bet with a co-worker and friends. While I am currently in 3rd place, I have a chance to still win if Florida wins the final game (if I understand the points correctly). ROOT FOR FLORIDA!
What is funny, is that I picked my games with about as much knowledge about stats, teams, history, etc. as a newcomer to Atlanta when you start talking about ITP/OTP, the outer/inner loop, the big 3, metro area, mid-town, 5 points, etc ---defined: inside the perimeter (I285)/outside the perimeter, outer loop is the outer 285 lanes/inner loop being the inner 285 lanes, the big 3 is traffic on 75, 85 and 400 all North of the city, metro area goes about 40 miles in any direction from downtown, mid-town is the area north of downtown that is being redeveloped now with lots of new shopping, 5 points is an area where all the Marta lines cross and is a big part of downtown area....but back to my picking....
I have been in 2nd, 3rd, 8th and back to 3rd I believe out of 10 people. If FL wins, I'm in the #1 spot I think, but if they lose I'm in #4 if I understand this whole thing correctly - again, I'm not a know it all when it comes to this thing. Wow, I admitted I don't know something! :-) So, Amy, just root for FL since you're already out of the running, and perhaps I can still win my pool! :-)
We're Hiring!!
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment