Sunday, September 23, 2007

Japan & China
A 2 week vacation for Aaron!

Aaron's dad travels to Japan a couple times a year for meetings in AFLAC's Japan office. He's told Aaron and his sister (Alison) that he'd take them for several years now. Given that his retirement is getting closer, he decided to take both Aaron and Ali on that long awaited trip. Aaron spent the first week in Japan with Kermitt and Ali, then traveled the second week to China to visit with one of his college buds, Shay, who was one of our groomsmen! Shay runs a golf course in China. Although Aaron explained all these pics to me, I'm posting many, so I'm not putting comments about each one (either because I can't remember the details, or because I'm tired, and it's near my bedtime - take your pick). I will try to add comments later in the week, so enjoy the pics for now... Aaron & Kermitt enjoy a round of golf together.
The golf carts are on this path, and the caddy can drive it with a remote basically.
Pretty scenery near Mt. Fuji.
Pretty bridge that would make a beautiful wedding picture :-) It was taken at the Imperial Palace in Kyoto.
Kermitt and Ali on a tour.










The golden pavillion. Aaron can't remember what the significance of the gold was? Aaron said the red pic here is some shrine - he can't remember which. (He took about 500 pics, so be happy I narrowed it down).
Beautiful waterfall. They were in Japan when the typhoon hit, so all this water was run-off from the day before. Aaron said it was really foggy and you couldn't see the water at all then it broke, and this was the beauty they could hear!

Market in Japan. Ali & Kermit in center (green and blue with stripe).

Cool architecture in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong skyline.
Shay attempting to cross the street in China. Aaron said it was crazy there....notice no painted lines, no stop signs, no red lights. Everyone just darts as they please. Crossing the street is much like a game of Frogger.
Hong Kong skyline at night.

OK, so Aaron came in here and gave me a few lines for each picture, so hopefully everyone will enjoy the posting a little better!






No comments: