Grand Cayman Island
Aaron & I took a much needed vacation for 4 days in the Cayman Islands. This was taken just down the beach from our hotel (which is on a strip called 7 Mile Beach). You can see very little sign of Hurrican Ivan remains from 2004. We talked to many locals about it, and it was amazing how well the island has recovered. The extent of visible remains were an occasional bare slab on the beach, an empty concrete structure that had various growth around it, or fallen trees that hadn't been cleared. As for the area where our hotel was located, this 1/2 cut tree was literally the only sign that anything happened there. We drove pretty much the entire 22 mi. x 8 mi. island, and the East side (farthest from us) was where most damage remained...and it still wasn't even too much!
I'm posting a couple pics here, but you can see many more on our PICS SITE; which is a lot faster to download to. Enjoy!

Lori & Aaron
Dinner at The Wharf

Rum Point - snorkeling and being a beach bum. I took this picture from a pier and the water is about waist deep even this far out. You could look straight down at the white sandy bottom and see everything. It looked like a huge swimming pool (an 80 degree one!). Temps were a nice 72 to about 83/84 each day. It was so nice, I didn't even break a sweat laying out. Cool breezes all day long.




No comments:
Post a Comment